Breaking News! Oboabona now out of World Cup

posted in: News | 0

AS Nigerians are yet to come to terms with the annoying goalless draw of the Eagles against Iran, officials of the team were left biting their fingers when Godfrey Oboabona was ruled out of the remaining World Cup matches by medics.
The defender who was wheeled out of the match against Iran and replaced by skipper Joseph Yobo was said to have sustained a big cut on his toe which makes it practically impossible for him to wear boots.
The sad news on Oboabona is coming at a time when there are fears of injury worries in the camp even as officials of the team deny their players are in good health.

image

DOWN AND OUT: Godfrey Oboabona writhing in pains during the match against Iran. He is out of the World Cup
Media Officer, Ben Alaiya confirmed that Oboabona had been ruled out but noted that Chief coach Keshi was still nursing hopes that the defender could still recover.
“Now, Oboabona and Gabriel Reuben are out of the games; Omeruo is just managing and we have as substitutes such players as Babatunde Michael, Michael Uchebo, Azubuike Egwuekwe and Kunle Odunlami. These are players we may field against Bosnia and Argentina. We are in trouble”, a distraught member of the team said.
The source said that Omeruo received an injection on his thigh to enable him play against Iran on Monday.
The Super Eagles need an outright win against Bosnia who lost to Argentina 2-1  to nurse any ambition of not crashing out in the first round. Stephen Keshi had promised before the match against Iran that he was sure that Nigeria would do better than they did in South Africa by going beyond the first round of the World Cup. But the signs are ominous, danger is knocking on the door of the Eagles as many blame the technical crew for not selecting Nigeria’s best players for the World Cup in Brazil.
Gabriel probably joined the camp with injury and was retained till now where is just a number in the team.

Previous Chapter
Next Chapter

Leave a Reply